Juvenile Crimes

Juvenile Crimes

Helping Parents Protect Their Children's Futures

If your child has been charged with a juvenile offense in Massachusetts, you should consult an experienced lawyer about your options. Juvenile charges may seem less serious than adult criminal charges, but they can still have long-term educational and employment consequences.

Bedford-Concord juvenile defense attorney Peter G. DeGelleke is prepared to protect your child's rights and pursue an outcome with the least possible impact on his or her future. Mr. DeGelleke has been practicing law in Massachusetts since 1977 and has handled many juvenile cases.

Defending Under-18 Clients Against Criminal Accusations

In Massachusetts, when someone under the age of 18 is accused of a crime, his or her case is normally decided by a juvenile court judge. The juvenile courts handle cases involving all types of accusations, the following being some of the most common:

The juvenile courts can impose a wide range of punishments, up to and including the very serious penalty of juvenile detention. Juvenile charges can also have long-term consequences.

In particular, a juvenile who is convicted of a drug or alcohol charge may become permanently ineligible for certain student loans and grants. Juvenile charges can also delay a child's eligibility for a driver's license and result in a denial of security clearance for future employment.

Massachusetts Defense Lawyer for Underage Drinking, Drug Possession, Assault and Other Charges

Mr. DeGelleke represents local residents as well as students at Concord Academy, Fenn School, Concord/Carlisle, Bedford High schools, Middlesex School, Groton School and other boarding schools in juvenile matters. If your child has been accused of a crime, Mr. DeGelleke will work with you to pursue the best possible outcome.

To schedule a free consultation so Mr. DeGelleke can evaluate your child's case and advise you on your juvenile defense options, please contact his office at 781-275-0800 or complete an online contact form.