Negotiating With The Insurance Company

Helping Accident Victims Negotiate With Insurance Companies

If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Massachusetts, you may be entitled to a settlement from your own insurance company, another driver's insurance company or both. An experienced personal injury lawyer can help you protect your rights and interests.

Bedford-Concord insurance settlement attorney Peter G. DeGelleke has been practicing law in Massachusetts since 1977. A substantial portion of his practice is dedicated to motor vehicle accident cases, and he has helped many clients obtain substantial insurance settlements.

Pursuing Claims Under All Types of Massachusetts Insurance Policies

Many people who are injured in accidents are concerned about what type of insurance settlements they can expect to receive. Massachusetts insurance law is extremely complex, and any or all of the following types of insurance coverage may be available after an accident:

Personal injury protection (PIP): If you have been injured in a motor vehicle accident in Massachusetts, you are entitled to certain medical and lost-wage benefits no matter who was at fault. These benefits are usually, but not always, paid by your own insurance carrier.

Liability of the at-fault driver: If another driver was at fault for your accident and your damages exceed your PIP coverage, you can pursue a personal injury claim. The other driver's insurance company will defend the claim and pay any settlement or judgment.

Uninsured and underinsured motorist (UM/UIM): If the driver who was at fault for your accident is not insured or does not have enough insurance to compensate you for your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation under your own UM/UIM policy.

Depending on the facts of your case, another individual or business — such as a liquor store that served a drunk driver or the manufacturer of a defective auto part — may be partially responsible for your injuries, involving yet another insurance policy in your case.

Contact an Attorney If You Have Been Injured in an Auto Accident or Any Other Type of Accident

Attorney Peter G. DeGelleke understands what accident victims are entitled to and how to investigate and document motor vehicle accident cases in order to obtain fair insurance settlements for his clients. He is also fully prepared to take cases to court when necessary.

To schedule a free consultation so Mr. DeGelleke can evaluate your case and advise you on your insurance settlement options, please contact his office at 781-275-0800 or by e-mail.